Sample Job Description
XYZ Company’s Corporate Strategy team partners closely with the company’s product and business leaders to drive corporate and strategic initiatives, develop the company’s long-term strategy, analyze market activity and source, evaluate and execute investment and M&A opportunities. We’re dedicated to identifying the business opportunities of tomorrow.
We are looking for top-tier interns who can immediately add value and help us find and evaluate acquisition opportunities across established and emerging markets, drive acquisition decisions, support deal negotiations, and help manage post-acquisition integration and performance evaluation. Corporate Strategy interns will gain experience across all facets of acquisition activities, including both strategy and execution.
- Assist in the identification, evaluation, and execution of M&A and investment opportunities
- Develop comprehensive financial models to support target valuation and establish key benchmarks for post-integration planning
- Analyze secular market trends, key business drivers and competitive landscape to deliver insightful analyses of market opportunities
- Develop and own investment and acquisition themes
- Quarterback diligence process, including owning financial and business diligence
- Build effective relationships with colleagues from product, engineering and business
- Various strategic projects
- MBA candidacy and undergraduate degree from top-tier university with a strong academic record
- 4-5 years of pre-MBA experience at a top-tier management consulting, investment banking or private equity firm, and / or corporate strategy, corporate development
- Or operating experience at a technology company (enterprise software, SaaS, consumer internet)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Over-achiever who is motivated by working in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-starter
About XYZ Company:
XYZ provides a secure way to share content and improve collaboration on any device: desktop, tablet or mobile. From monolithic corporations to mom and pop stores, XYZ believes technology should never limit anything you do. Businesses of any size can be more productive, inventive and powerful on XYZ. The company is well funded by top VC firms like ______. XYZ is proud to be on Forbes list of America’s Most Promising Companies, and is used in _______ businesses.