Sample Job Description
XYZ (www.xyz.com) measures influence across the social web by analyzing social network user data and identifying influential individuals based on the impact of their opinions, links, and recommendations. XYZ provides innovative tools to allow companies, including major brands such as….., to interact with influencers. XYZ is a privately held company based in San Francisco, Calif. We’re a growing startup backed by ABC VC Company, among others.
XYZ is looking for that go-getter, all-star intern with tireless hustle to join the Business Development team for the summer (beginning of June to end of August). XYZ is deep in the social media ecosystem working with strategic partners (E, F, G, and H), the hottest startups (I, J, and K), and has over 2,500 different developers / partners from companies both large and small (think garage to big box). We were happy with that yesterday. But not today. And we want you to help make us happy tomorrow by brainstorming new vertical strategies. Your mission is to help strengthen XYZ as the Standard for Influence.
WHAT YOU WILL DO WELL:
- Work with XYZ’s sick product management team to influence the product roadmap.
- Research specific spaces we’re interested in getting into & work on ways to get us there.
- Source companies & facilitate initial conversations.
- Help conceptualize new product packages that take advantage of XYZ’s platform.
- Work with the team to develop mockups and prototypes to help customers understand how XYZ can make their applications and businesses better.
EXPERIENCE WE LIKE:
- MBA student preferred.
- Familiarity with the tech ecosystem.
- Ninja-like skills with regards to interpersonal communications and relationship management.
- Ability to quickly adapt and hustle to find ways to overcome any obstacles put in your way.
- You like networking because it’s fun.
- Superdope presentation skills.
- Passion for and well-versed in social media.
BONUS EXPERIENCE YOU COULD HAVE TO MAKE US DROP OUR COLLECTIVE JAW:
- Experience in the media sector.
- Experience with B2B industries.
- Early adopter of new technology and startups (e.g. you download every cool app you hear about besides …).