An Employer Information Session (EIS) is an educational presentation that allows organizations to communicate their brand and mission, share information about career paths for MBAs, and network with students. On- and off-campus EISs may be scheduled Monday through Thursday in the afternoon or evening. EISs begin on Thursday, October 22, 2020 and may be scheduled through the end of the spring semester, with the majority occurring between October and January.
EISs typically consist of both a formal presentation and time for Q&A. To keep the 45-minute session dynamic and productive, we recommend the following:
- Limit the formal presentation to 20-25 minutes; reserve the remaining time for Q&A
- Focus on explaining who you are and what you’re looking for in MBA candidates
- Be specific about the types of MBA roles available at your organization for full time and/or internship positions
- Clearly communicate your organization’s interest in hiring MBAs
- Bring managers, Wharton graduates, or others who can best represent and explain your company to students
Many companies augment their 45-minute presentation slot with a reception off campus to continue conversations with students. To make the most of recruiters’ time on campus, many also schedule Coffee Chats to meet students in a more informal, one-on-one setting.
Request a Presentation
You may submit a request for an EIS in CareerPath, and your Recruiting Relationship Manager will work with you to find a suitable day and time. For a full list of dates and blackout periods, please refer to the Recruiter’s Guide.